1. The ocean on the eastern end of the Panama Canal is what ocean?
2. What is the westernmost point of the United States?
3. Is Berlin, Germany further north than parts of Alaska?
4. Is Warsaw, Poland further north than parts of Alaska?
5. True or False? Pelee Island (Canada's southernmost point) is further south than 27 states in the United States.
6. True or False? Pelee Island (Canada's southernmost point) is further south than parts of Nevada and California?
7. What is the southernmost point of the United States?
8. In square miles, what is the largest city in the United States?
9. Excluding Alaska, what is the northernmost state in the United States?
10. Why could the continents of North America and South America just as well have been named West America and East America?
11. Which is further west? Pensacola, Florida or Washington Island, Wisconsin.
12. Which is further west? Los Angeles, California or Reno, Nevada.
13. Which is further west? Virginia or West Virginia.
14. People who live in which of the following countries are "Americans"? (there could be more than one correct answer.) (A) MEXICO (B) THE UNITED STATES (C) BRAZIL (D) CANADA (E) PERU (F) PANAMA
15. Antarctica makes up what percent of the earth's land area?
16. Antarctica is the ______ largest continent. (A) FIRST (B) FOURTH (C) FIFTH (D) SEVENTH (E) SIXTH
17. The elevation of the South Pole is: (A) 9,200 FEET (B) 1,500 FEET (C) 700 FEET (D) 24,300 FEET
18. Antarctica contains what percent of the world's ice? (A) 50 (B) 25 (C) 90 (D) 15 (E) 45
19. Where was the origin of "ARABIC NUMBERS"?
20. What is the fastest growing plant in the world? (HINTS: it is not a tree; although woody and treelike in appearance, it is actually a grass; can grow a foot a day; can reach heights of 100 to 120 feet in three months; usually grows in tropical regions in thick, grasslike clumps.)
21. What is the only major sport played in the United States that's orogin is totally from the United States?
22. If a person were to abice by the words of the popular old western song, "Oh, give me a home, where the buffalo roam," where would they be living?
23. The city of Buffalo, New York got its name from?
24. Where was the famous American Revolutionary War conflict called the Battle of Bunker Hill fought?
25. Why is the popular misconception that California will someday break off from the North American continent and slide into the Pacific Ocean incorrect?
26. How did the Canary Islands get their name?
27. True or False? The center of the earth is molten rock.
28. Chinese Checkers originated where?
29. Coffee Beans are found where?
30. Is outer space cold or hot?
31. What does a compass needle point to?
32. True or False? The earth is round.
33.How many states are in the United States?
34. What were the first words spoken on the moon?
35. Why is the foul line in baseball not a foul line?
36. A human has seven cervical vertebrae in its neck. How many cervical vertebrae does a giraffe have?
37. Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?
38. Kalaallit Nunaat is the correct name for what country?
39. Where did the Harlem Globetrotters originate?
40. The percent of water in the air in relation to the amount of water the air can hold at a certain temperature is called? (A) RELATIVE HUMIDITY (B) ABSOLUTE HUMIDITY
41. The amount of water in a given volume of air is called? (A) RELATIVE HUMIDITY (B) ABSOLUTE HUMIDITY
42. What is an "igloo"?
43. Where did "India Ink" originate?
44. Where did the martial art "Karate" originate?
45. What is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere?
46. What is the shortest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere?
47. Which side of a tree does moss grow on?
48. What is the plural of Mrs.?
49. Is the first day of the new century January 1, 2000?
50. What do peanuts, coconuts, pistachios, cashews and almonds have in common?